Private Catalonia Cava Winery Tour, with Lunch
- free cancellation
Experience sparkling wine-making magic in the heart of Catalonia’s Penedès region on this private Cava winery tour from Barcelona. Travel through the Catalonian foothills to a traditional Cava winery nestled among the vineyards, and listen as your guide shares insight into traditional winemaking processes. Explore the ancient cellars, where bottles of Cava lie maturing, and pair the wine with delicous tapas dishes during a tasting experience in the cellars.
- Leave Barcelona behind on a 4.5-hour Cava winery tour in Catalonia
- Enjoy a detailed introduction to the history of sparkling winemaking in the Penedès region
- Visit the cellars, where your guide explains local Cava winemaking techniques and traditions
- Sample three delicate sparkling wines paired with delicious tapas dishes in the atmospheric confines of the ancient cellar
- Round-trip transportation from your central Barcelona hotel is included
We will pick you up at your hotel anywhere in the central Barcelona region (e.g., La Rambla, Placa de Catalunya, the port, Sagrada Familia, etc.) This includes anywhere west of the B10 Highway/Besos River all the way to the airport. If the booking includes a single pickup location and is slightly outside of the central area, a separate pickup can be arranged.
The tour starts at 11am approximately 45 minutes outside Barcelona, thus we will coordinate pick up times with you depending on your location. Typically, we will pick you up around 9.45am.
Terol 17, plancha 1 piso 2, 08012
- Barcelona Hotel Pickup
- Meet your driver at your centrally located Barcelona hotel, and take a seat in your comfortable vehicle to begin your tour. Our destination is a traditional Cava winery and cellar in Sant Sadurni d´Anoia – within the Penedès region, east of Barcelona. The drive takes around 45 minutes, and you’ll enjoy sweeping views over the Catalonian foothills en route.
- Welcome to the Penedès Region
- Following an enjoyable spin through the Penedès countryside, you’ll enjoy a warm welcome at our renowned Cava winery. Here, grape-laden vineyards line the rolling hills, creating a beautifully picturesque setting for a truly unforgettable wine tasting experience.
- Your tour begins with an introduction to the history of sparkling winemaking in the Penedès region. The winery here produces a genuinely world-class Cava, and the team are delighted to share their produce. A nod to tradition and a respect for innovation blend to create one of the very finest sparkling wines in the region.
- Cellar Tour
- During your guided cellar tour, you’ll see first-hand how the Cava is produced and aged. Follow the sparkling wine-making process step-by-step – from the initial fermentation process to riddling and disgorging – and enjoy an immersion in the wonderful world of winemaking.
- Cava-tasting and Gourmet Lunch in the Cellar
- After the cellar visit, it’s time for the best part, the Cava-tasting and lunch. You’ll taste three of their famous sparkling wines, newly disgorged and carefully paired with gourmet tapas dishes in a hidden corner of the ancient cellar.
- Return to Barcelona
- When your time at the winery comes to an end, return in comfort to your Barcelona hotel to conclude your tour.
- Guided cellar and vineyard tour
- Gourmet tapas dishes
- Round-trip transportation from your central Barcelona hotel
- All Fees and Taxes
- Additional bottles of wine or food, other than described
- This tour operates all year round.
- Terol 17, plancha 1 piso 2, 08012
- This tour is not recommended for people with back problems, pregnant women, or those with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Our contact number will be in your confirmation email so you can message us to confirm where you are staying.
- Participants must be of legal drinking age.
- If your tasting is affected because the minimum number of people isn’t met, we’re able to alter the itinerary and offer the same value for money.
- This is a private tour, and only your group will participate
- A full refund will apply if you cancel more than 48 hours before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel less than 48 hours before the activity start time.